Saturday, February 16, 2013

Shopping for Characters

I spent a beautiful afternoon in one of my favorite places, Mountainview Cemetery, shopping for character names.

I already had the main characters' names picked out (they range from the boring Rob Cole to the somewhat more interesting Zandra Francesci) but I had a half dozen secondary characters who needed monikers.

I love this fellow's name, but I don't think I'll use it:


Arthur W. Goodenough, 1894-1951


Here's a view of the patch I was browsing - you can see the graves flat on the ground in the foreground. (I was in the mood for these more modest stones rather than the intricate and interesting ones today.)


I ended up with just the right ones, I think.

1 comment:

Tez Miller said...

Aw, that's a lovely way to choose character names, and a nice way to honour the dearly departed :-)