Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Little Getaway

Did you know they only let high school students loll about the house for a measly two weeks over the holidays? It's positively barbarous. 

As the end of Junior's vacation drew near, we decided to take a little trip. We drove a couple hours down the coast to monterey and spent a few glorious days enjoying the sunshine and playing Bananagrams for hours and hours and hours in outdoor cafes. It was a little chilly, but we were undaunted.


This place had the most amazing crepes. We had seconds - we couldn't resist! This was one of our better hands, to the right. Since we were on vacation, we relaxed the rules to include things that *ought* to be words, even if they technically aren't in current usage.



When I returned home, I discovered that a little birdie had sent me a gift. Yet more evidence that I am *great* at picking my inner circle! That's my adorable son, who shares my taste in TV shows.


I'm off again in the morning for another adventure - check back next week to see how it went. Meanwhile, best wishes to everyone who's kicking off a new year of school or work or writing!

No comments: