Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with my brother and his family in Boston this year. But I wasn't about to skip cooking Thanksgiving dinner, a tradition I've missed only once or twice in twenty-five years. I just did it a week early! I made all the dishes that I always do, which was a bit of a challenge in my pint-sized kitchen. But my sister brought dessert (homemade pies) and everyone else brought low expectations and high enthusiasm and it turned out great.

I started the day by watching football, which if you know me at all, you'll realize is quite a rare event. Once or twice a year, watching sports seems like just the thing - it puts me in the Thanksgiving spirit.


My sister Kristen brought her amazing cherry pie. Kristen *hates* it when I put her on my blog :)

Dog got a bath for the occasion (she is wet and not very happy in this picture).

My son brought a hearty appetite...



Wishing all the best to you and your families!







1 comment:

Reina M. Williams said...

Hope you and your family enjoy the holidays too! And safe & fun travels to you. :)
btw, would your sister share her secret to cherry pie? Mine never set up right. Thanks!