Friday, September 7, 2012

The Kids Are All Right

I love teenagers! They're so headstrong and hellbent, and if you could bottle that spirit, you could run the country on it. Don't get me wrong, I spend a fair amount of energy fretting over and attempting to corral my own, but in the end, they seem to figure it out. Their collective strategy seems to involve learning by making lots of mistakes, which I heartily endorse.

After a week full of challenges, I think I need to take a page out of the kids' book. (These aren't all mine but I'd be honored if they were.) Starting now, I'm going to try behaving a little more like I'm 19 and a little less like I'm 49.  We'll see where that gets me. :)


They look just right in pink hair and a thrift store dress


They take the time to daydream

They're resilient - and then some

2 comments:

sari said...

They're more accepting of things as how they are instead of how we want them to be. I try to keep that in mind for myself.

(great pictures!)

sari said...

Also this is the 2nd Who reference I've randomly come across this morning. I now know what I'll be listening to today!