Monday, January 30, 2012

This Makes Me Sad :(

Bad grammar is a *scourge*, people, I'm tellin' ya. A fkn scourge.

My son sent me this great article on mom skateboarders. I checked out the comments and discovered this one:

hey.you all are f.k.n. tight… we make and sale skateboards… but were in the mid-west.were nobody is cool…there cruisers. but not the big-ones.their smaller. you can ride ramps.with them. but their really fast… you all seem to have an open mind, witch,you need to ride our boards. were all for women skaters.. and your moms,your kids must think your the coolest.. my kids think we are. and crazy. ………..good job ladies……

So here we have some nice person from the Midwest, who meets several of my criteria for excellence - not misogynistic, open-minded, with an appetite for adventure. But AAAAAAUUUUUGGHHHH....reading that hurt my eyeballs. At this rate, it will only be a dozen years or so until we have lost all written communications. We'll just grunt at each other as we skateboard around.

So sad.

Still, *this* is pretty nice. And hey, all you skaters - your moms are right, wear your helmet!!!

6 comments:

The Writer Librarian said...

This isn't mine, but it's still pretty funny and it relates to the same issues: The Alot is Better than You at Everything

Sophie Littlefield said...

Awwww, thanks! Loved it! :)

GunDiva said...

I had to stop reading the quote after the second line. I was getting a headache and maybe a little eye twitch was starting to develop, too.

Anita said...

hah! Agreed. And YOU NEED to get a link to BUY YOUR BOOKS from this blog.

Judith Starkston said...

I am so with you on this one, Sophie! Soon no one will even be able to spell grunt...

Sophie Littlefield said...

thanks you guys. and anita, you're right, i've put it on the list. I'm doing a major web site redesign this fall and maybe sticking the blog into the site somehow (a techie I am not) and I will make sure everything is properly linked up!