Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Now Write! Mysteries

I just received my contributor copies of a new how-to book for aspiring mystery authors titled Now Write! Mysteries.



I knew a few of my friends were also contributing essays, but my eyes popped when I opened the book and scanned the table of contents. It seems like every mystery author working today has an essay in here, from A to Z - Emily Arsenault to Elizabeth Zelvin, to be more specific. The essays cover topics ranging from research to revision and everything in between, and many include exercises.

Check it out here!

Oh, and I guess I should mention that my essay is on writing emotion. I re-read it - I think it's pretty good!

3 comments:

The Writer Librarian said...

I reviewed this book! I thought it was fantastic. Now I have to look up your chapter. :)

Judith Starkston said...

I will definitely have to get this! Sounds great. I read an old collection similarly put together by a large range of mystery writers--one of those cheap pick ups in a used bookstore--and despite its slightly outdated feel, it was genuinely helpful and engaging. This book has an amazing cast of writers. Thanks for alerting me.

M.E. Anders said...

I just ordered this book, and I am thrilled! Most craft of writing books don't discuss thriller writing, but this one does. Woohoo!