Thursday, January 5, 2012

70s Tidbits

One of the many joys of working on my latest book (GARDEN OF STONES, out from Mira Fall 2012) is that much of it is set in the 40s and 1979. Had no idea how much I would enjoy the research...and, inevitably, the wince-inducing re-immersion in an era I actually lived through, an era of questionable practices and aesthetics...

Here's a couple nice ads for your enjoyment (thanks to RollerBlog)

So I'm always...halfheartedly...promising Julie that I'll pay attention to my carbon footprint blah blah blah. At her house you have to use this weird fake Windex stuff made out of distilled rainwater or something. Imagine her horror if she saw this (seriously? Lysol in the A/C vents??? Even I would hesitate at that!)



Oh, Jeez, if only I had a man in an acetate Santa-shorty-gown...

3 comments:

Tez Miller said...

Was GARDEN OF STONES previously named THE MUSEUM OF EYES, or is this another book entirely?

Sophie Littlefield said...

why thank you for asking, astute pal Tez! Yes...it was originally Museum of Eyes but we've had a title change.

Wolfy said...

Way off topic. I just finished Horizon, and I wondered if this is the final book in the series. It read like a final, but I wasn't exactly sure.


Btw, I thought it was really good and I posted my thoughts on my blog and Goodreads already. Thanks.