Tuesday, October 11, 2011

UNFORSAKEN release day!


Isn't this a gorgeous book? Looking back over the last three years - it was three years ago, Thanksgiving week, that Delacorte signed me to write for them - it has been an amazing journey from my idea of a girl who had the power to heal, to the story that unfolded over the course of two books. BANISHED came out a year ago, and UNFORSAKEN finishes telling Hailey Tarbell's story.

I learned a lot while writing this series, and I worked with some amazing editors to bring the story to life. In some ways, I feel like I am just getting started writing for young people. I've been blessed with some great friends and mentors in the community and I can't wait to see where the future takes me. Next year, I'll have a new novel out with Delacorte - a whole new set of characters, in a seaside town cursed by the disappearance of children one year earlier.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most often when I leave comments on blogger I have to sign off as "anon" I am not. I am Florence Fois from Rambings and I love your work. I will give it a shout out with some of my dear mom/writer/Younger than springtime bloggers.

You have an amazing voice. I know I will enjoy this (I'll have to back up and get the first, first) since I mostly read the snarky personality adjuster :)

GunDiva said...

Congratulations on the new release! Can't wait to read it.

Sophie Littlefield said...

thank you so much, Florence and GunDiva! :)