Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Big News: MIRA, Adam, & me


I could hardly stand to keep this from you, darlin's, but I was waiting for all the t's to get crossed and the i's to be dotted. I'm thrilled, excited, overjoyed to announce that I'm going to be writing a standalone novel for Mira.

I could go on and on and on about all the ways this is awesome, but I'll stick to just a couple here: first of all, I get to work with Adam Wilson again. He's a dream of an editor - I don't even want to tell you all the ways because I'm afraid you'd steal him. Second, I get to try something I've been yearning to do for about two decades, which is to write in my own weird special mix of...well, let's just call it yet another Littlefield genre-defying mess. I believe the *technical* term is "upmarket," but I confess I don't really know what that means. Oh well, I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Big thanks to Poelle for making it happen, as always.

Meanwhile, from Publisher's Marketplace:

May 11, 2011
Fiction:
General/Other
Sophie Littlefield's THE MUSEUM OF EYES, in which a family's legacy of murder and abuse are but the first things a mother is determined to keep from her daughter, to Adam Wilson at Mira, in a two book deal, by Barbara Poelle of Irene Goodman Agency (World English).
Foreign: Heather Shapiro at Baror International

8 comments:

Bpoelle said...

Please, you are so talented I could probably sell your grocery list. CONGRATS!

Mysti said...

Oh congrats! I love it when you kick off the genre traces!

upmarket = rich enough to buy a hardback?

Eric said...

You just keep motoring along at very high speeds. Congratulations, yet again! Well deserved, as usual. At this rate I'm simply going to have to assign a key command to automatically send out a congratulations comment or email to you.

Debra Russell said...

Congratulations. Very proud of you!

Janet Rudolph said...

Woo..hoo!!! Congrats!

Pamela Cayne said...

How exciting and awesome and cool and wonderful!! Congrats to you! *pops cyber champagne*

Scott Phillips said...

you are....you are just....words fail me.

Theresa said...

Congratulations, Sophie! I met Adam at the 2009 Crested Butte Writers Conference and he was a real sweetie who seems to know his stuff. The best of luck to you both!