Sunday, April 10, 2011

RomanticTimes Convention Report

I'm going to let the pictures do the talking on this one, as one always should at an RT Con. There are a few pictures I didn't snap that I wish I had - like the awards ceremony and the Bollywood party, and getting fall-down speechless around several legendary editors, and the time me and Jennifer Haymore tried to talk our way past the velvet ropes at a downtown club...but I think these pretty much summarize the last five days!


Road Trip! A crack of dawn departure with Juliet Blackwell and Rachael Herron

Of course I have to start with the man candy, or it wouldn't be RT! Love this mask...


Most memorable costumes - sorry I'm not much of a photographer. These ladies both sewed their gowns


Now for the author hobnobbing. I didn't chase Koontz down, but I found lots of amazing folks. This is me with Bill Link at the booksigning - Bill's the creator of Columbo and Murder She Wrote and lots of other shows.



This is Mary McDonough, who played Erin on the Waltons. I was moderating a memoir panel with her, but at this moment she was giving me makeup tips!!



This is our friend Gary Phillips, a crime writer from L.A.



Lee Goldberg and Lori Armstrong



Rachael and I found Jade Lee by the elevators - what a gracious lady!



I always have to take this exact same shot with Boyd Morrison, who is represented by the agency with me.


OK, now for the nitty-gritty after-hours report. Rachael and Julie and I had the, uhhh....fun room...


Martha Flynn was practically a fourth roommate - which would have been a very tight fit.



Julie giggling with Martha



Rachael with our darling beloved Nicole Peeler, who none of us can get enough of!



And even when we weren't partying, we were celebrating. This is an early morning breakfast fete in honor of Rachael, who received some good news while we were down there. Please note the candles, rose petals, and tiny cymbals...because when you are at RT you have to go big!



Rachael shares the joy!

5 comments:

Jamie Freveletti said...

Love this! Wish I could have been there with you. Thanks for the photos!

RK Charron said...

Awesome post Sophie!
Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Bella Andre said...

So much fun! Thanks for sharing. Only, how in the heck did you and I never so much as pass each other in the hall? I even put in a request via one of your posse to hang one night...sniff!
:) Bella

ps - Btw, I took Boyd hostage for a couple of hours....I mean we had lunch together! He's fab. FAB!

Dianne Emley said...

Very fun! I was a lame brain with photos at this con. Didn't even ask the waitress to take one at our fabu lunch with friends. Oh well... Was great seeing y'all.

Nicole Peeler said...

I love you guys MORE! Seriously, I want to come to Bouchercon and/or just move in. Thanks!