Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Books on the Porch!!

There's nothing like opening the door to discover a box of shiny new books sent by one's publisher. I'm not ashamed to say I shriek and jump around and kiss them. AFTERTIME won't be for sale for another month, but I will probably be sleeping with a copy under my pillow until then.

My editor says this is one of the nicest packages he's seen (hmmm, i just realized how that sounds - it just means the cover and the blurbs and back cover copy, the type design and layout and front- and backmatter, basically everything but the words I wrote) - - and I have to agree. With absolutely no good behavior on my part to account for it, my cover-magic streak continues, and I offer my humble thanks to the Harlequin art and design folks.

One interesting note - this is the first of my books that Dog has shown absolutely no interest in eating. Hmmm. Maybe because in Aftertime, when people get hungry enough, they, uh...well. Pets have to stay on their toes, is all I'm sayin'. Hear that, Dog? Hmmm?

9 comments:

Sean Patrick Reardon said...

That is a way cool cover. I enjoyed "A Bad Day For Sorry" very much. Best of luck with the new one.

Kristen My Bookish Fairy Tale said...

Oh yea! The cover is really great! congrats on the new book hun!

Daisy said...

Fantastic! And it's probably a good thing that Dog isn't interested in this one-- you wouldn't want him to be getting ideas . . .

Kristi said...

The cover is disturbing but in a good way. It draws you in and makes you want to find out what's inside it!

David said...

Maybe he's just dog tired.

GunDiva said...

Beautiful cover! We have to wait a whole MONTH to get it, though? That's bunk :(

Seriously, Sophie, congrats.

PS - you going to WPA this year?

Tez Miller said...

Dog better hope AFTERTIME sells well, or else...authors get hungry; they're called "starving artists" for a reason ;-)

Sophie Littlefield said...

thanks everyone!! Sadly i'm not going to WPA this year....but get this, I just blogged about it for harlequin! it will be on their blog sometime in the next month or so. that was a blast, wasn't it?

GunDiva said...

It was a blast! Sorry you won't be there this year, but I'll look forward to reading your post about it - are you going to link up your blog with Harlequin?