Monday, October 18, 2010

Bouchercon Report - and ANTHONY award!



I have exciting news - I received an Anthony award for Best First Novel yesterday at Bouchercon for A BAD DAY FOR SORRY!!






It was incredible - everything from standing in front of 4,000,000 people (well, it felt that way anyway) and blubbering into the microphone...

accepting the award from local friend Eddie Muller (who I was so nervous about meeting several years ago that I babbled "I uh wrote uh a book")...

standing next to (hold onto your hats) *Louise Penny* as well as my friends Bryan Gruley and Hank Phillipi Ryan, all of whom are crazy talented...

everyone coming up and hugging me after (probably the best part) to Cornelia actually *crying* (oh yes she did)...

getting to share the moment with my agent, editor, *AND* publicist - yup all three of my ladies were right there with me. Thanks, Barbara and Toni and Sarah. I hope I remembered to say it.

Of course, right after Barbara tried to run off with the award....



Yikes, would you look at the time? I was going to post my pix here but I think I'll just go throw them on Facebook. (Would love it if you'd stop by - I have a new fan page!

Here's one special shot, though: my Poker Club. We got together a few years ago, five terrific crime writers and one newly-hatched wannabe (that would be me) and we had a grand old time. Still do, except that two of us have moved away...so it was a really amazing experience to have everyone back in one place.

4 comments:

Catherine/Suburban Vampire said...

Congrats, Sophie!!! I love the picture of you and Barbara. :-)

Eddie Muller said...

Congratulations, Sophie! I was delighted to be able to present the award to you. And you looked like five million bucks!

Chris said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your win is completely, completely deserved.

Pamela Fryer said...

Mega congratulations hon!!!