Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oooh, Pretty Booklist Ad!


I just found out that Delacorte has included BANISHED in an ad they are running in Booklist, which is the magazine of the American Library Association. See my little cover, there on the upper right? Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to get a better image. But I'm pleased as all get out - it would be amazing for BANISHED to make its way into some school libraries...

I volunteered in the school library when my kids were little. This was long before I had a publishing contract, but I was writing, and I remember thinking how cool it would be to see a book of mine on the shelves some day...

oh and P.S. - aren't these covers gorgeous? I can't tell if it's bragging to say that my publisher kicks cover ass. If it is, I apologize, but wow have they got some talent over there. I especially love the FALLEN and TORMENT covers. They're just so....Evanescence. (I listened to a fair amount of Evanescence while I was writing BANISHED).


Have you seen the TORMENT book trailer? I don't care what your stance on trailers is, it's hard not to be captivated by that one.

2 comments:

GunDiva said...

It was great to meet you in person last weekend and I *love* that you still get so excited about your books. It is a big deal every time one of them hits the shelf or shows up in an ad!

GunDiva said...

Sophie! I thought I had your email address to send you a picture, but I don't have it - can you email it to me? tel835@hotmail.com. Thanks.