Sunday, July 11, 2010

Jamie Brings It Home

I'm just back from Thrillerfest in New York City. It was especially exciting because my pal Jamie Freveletti won Best First Novel for her book RUNNING FROM THE DEVIL. I'm incredibly excited for her, but I have to admit that my favorite part of the event was helping her figure out which shoes to wear to the awards dinner:



This may make me seem a little superficial, but hang in there with me for a minute: Jamie was one of three women to walk away with top awards, and I think that's something to celebrate. I'm happy to see the women of the thriller writing community winning big - especially in a year when some of the Lists with a capital 'L' were a little thin on ladies. (NOT all the Lists, so don't get your panties in a bunch.) So heck yeah it seemed like an occasion for sassy silver shoes. Oh, and a great dress. Here's Jamie with our agent Barbara Poelle and me:



Here are the rest of the winners:

Best Hard Cover Novel:
THE NEIGHBOR, Lisa Gardner

Best Paperback Original Novel:
THE COLDEST MILE, Tom Piccirilli

Best First Novel:
RUNNING FROM THE DEVIL, Jamie Freveletti

Best Short Story:
A STAB IN THE HEART, Twist Phelan


Meanwhile, Stella's been spotted in the wild, and people have been sending me pictures from all over the country. Thank you to Chantelle Osman for this sighting down in Phoenix:

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Good call-- the silver were definitely the right choice.

Sophie Littlefield said...

Daisy, you are the expert extraordinaire...so glad you approved!!

B. Light said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! And I agree- the silver...definitely!

Becke Davis said...

Congratulations, Jamie!