Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Contest Closed...Semifinalists Announced!

...and so concludes Week Three of our contest, with lots more amazing entries! The judges had a hard time narrowing the choice down to a couple of finalists, and in the end were surprised to find that they chose two entries in the genre - YA Sci-Fi. They are:

Ellen Goodlet, ORIGINS, YA Sci-Fi
Kat, INSTINCT, YA Sci-Fi

Now it's time for the semi-finalists from all three weeks to send their chapters and, if they like, a query letter and/or synopsis. Please send to sophie @ sophielittlefield.com. These will all be read by me, and I reserve the right to get second opinions from my panel of judges :) - - but I must say I'm very much looking forward to reading these.

I will announce our winner next week, on Wednesday June 23rd. I'll announce the raffle winners then too - the winners of the Stella's favorite OPI as well as a copy of A BAD DAY FOR PRETTY (which, incidentally, is getting some very nice reviews - check my web site!)

I'd like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who entered. I sent out over 200 queries before signing with Barbara, so I know exactly what it's like to sweat over a query letter and fine-tune a first page until it feels like it's written on the back of your eyeballs. I salute your bravery, your perseverance, and your fortitude, and I lift a virtual glass in your honor.

- Sophie

5 comments:

Kat said...

Wow, I'm in shock right now-thank you so much!! I'll be sending over my chapters today :)

Kat

LR said...

Aw what a nice post.

Congrats to the semifinalists! :)

YA Sci-fi sounds cool.

-Lee

Ellen said...

Holy cow! Thanks :) emailing pages now :D And congrats to all the other semifinalists!

Josin L. McQuein said...

It must be great to have your book garner so many good words. (no need to use the bat on the cover :-P )

I emailed the pages as an attachment - I hope that's okay.

Bpoelle said...

Wheeee!! I can't wait for my turn!!!!