Saturday, May 15, 2010

Best First Mystery....Reviewers Choice Award from RT


I kind of forgot to post this here, which is kind of embarrassing considering how big a deal it was to me and how much hopping up and down and screaming I did. RTBookReviews chose A BAD DAY FOR SORRY as the Best First Mystery novel of 2009. You can see the list of mystery-genre winners here. I have a beautiful crystal award to show for it, and - being a quite terrible photographer, a couple of photos that don't do it justice.





In other news, my finished copy of PRETTY arrived! Yay! Here's Junior and my sister, clearly absolutely *enthralled*:

3 comments:

Pamela Cayne said...

Congratulations--what a fabulous few weeks you've had! The great reviews on SORRY, the Edgar ceremony (I still think you should have won!), the RT award, now the amazing book deal for Sophie Crane, and more, I'm sure! Are you just buying champagne by the case now? ;-)

Congrats again!!!

Pamela Fryer said...

Congratulations!! What a pretty statue. That's awesome!

Cornelia Read said...

Oh honey, this is THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! And I needed some good news this week, as you know.

HUGEST CONGRATULATORY HUGS!!!!!!!!