Friday, March 5, 2010

Arrival of the ARCS

Last week was awesome. Tuesday, I got a package containing my BANISHED advance reader copies. Ran around the house screaming. Read about a hundred random paragraphs. Caressed, fondled, smooched the ARC. seriously, I did. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it but if you could see how gorgeous it is in person you would too.

The next day, my friend Lisa stopped by for a visit and handed me a package that had been on the porch. PRETTY arcs!!! Oh lord in heaven, how we drooled over them. That cover, it'll stop your clock, it's THAT good.

The fact that they arrived here means they are also winging around the globe - okay, maybe not the globe but around these US of A. Proof of which came in the form of a few reviewer friends emailing me to let me know they received them. Aaack! That's the can't-turn-back moment, I think - when people who aren't your publisher or your agent or your cabal or your long-suffering family crack the spine.


BANISHED is dedicated to Junior, and PRETTY is dedicated to T-wa

7 comments:

Pamela Cayne said...

Congrats!!! Those are two wonderful covers (and two wonderful kids, I'm sure!) No wonder you ran around the house screaming. The release days can't come fast enough as far as I'm concerned!

Debra L. Schubert said...

Congrats to you! Awesome covers. I can't wait for that experience. I'll have to remind myself to take a Xanax before I open the box!!!

Mags said...

Oh, oh... Holy craptastic awesomeness!

Congrats x 2!

Martha Flynn said...

If you don't give me one of those Banished ARCs I am going to poop on your doorstep.

LR said...

Yay, can't wait to read both of those!

Chris said...

So awesome. Dying to read 'em both.

Cornelia Read said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!