Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stella's Going To The Edgars!



...or rather, I guess I should say that I am going to the Edgars. Stella's debut, A BAD DAY FOR SORRY, has been nominated by the Mystery Writers of America for Best First Novel.

Am I excited? Am I excited?????? Hell yeah. This has been a dream that's like a cherry on top of the giant glob of whipped cream that is my bigger dream, which is to write for a living. An Edgar nomination means that you've been chosen by your peers - your peers! - the real deal, the people who push up their sleeves every day to get down in the trenches with nothing but their words and their dreams of mayhem, the people I've admired and lusted after - ahem, speaking intellectually, of course - forever.

Not to mention, just look at who I'm keeping company with:




*** updated January 20th... ***
and here is the aftermath of yesterday, minus the empty pan of celebratory brownies:

I got flowers!!! Thank you, B and J!!!

The desk is a mess - didn't do anything on the to-do list

William wished me a Happy Edgar Day

The chores did not get done

13 comments:

Austin Carr said...

You're going to be Redhead of the Edgars.

cathryngrant said...

Congratulations!!! What a thrill! Stella has a voice that resonates, so I'm not surprised.

sandra seamans said...

I'm so happy for you, Sophie! I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Adrienne Miller said...

Stella's gonna tear it up!

Gary Corby said...

Congratulations! Thoroughly well deserved.

Pamela Fryer said...

Sophie I'm so happy for you! I loved this book and can't wait to enjoy Stella's next adventure. This is a great accolade to someone who truly deserves it!!
Woot woot woot!!!

LR said...

Woo woo! Go Stella!

(And that dog is so cute!)

Sophie Littlefield said...

Thank you so much everyone!! I am best with the best writing community possible...

LINDA M. FAULKNER said...

I am not surprised. I loved that book.

Congrats to you!

Melissa Miller said...

Congratulations! I really enjoyed your book and am looking forward to ABDFP.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Congratulations, Sophie! You deserve it (and so does Stella).

Chris said...

So very damned deserved.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.