Thursday, December 10, 2009

Survivor: Sea Of Publishing


What a strange year to have a fiction debut. Sometimes I feel like I'm scrambling into a sinking boat, as traditional reviewing venues and booksellers slip into the bottomless depths.

Kirkus reviewed me a while back, and as of today they're history.

I made the San Francisco Chronicle Best-Seller list right before it bit the dust.

As I plan my next book tour, some of the stops I'd hoped to make don't exist any more.



It's kind of cool to be caught in the middle of a changing business model. It's like riding a very exciting dangerous monster wave. Lots of people aren't going to make it, but those who do are in for a hell of a ride.

And that's enough of the ocean-going symbolism for today, I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pssst. if you get caught inside, go loose. eventually you'll surface. :)