Monday, November 30, 2009

My First Ever Online Contest!!!

I think I just stumbled into my very first ever online contest. I've been afraid of the concept for a good long time now and then it just sort of announced itself in my brain following the facebook exchange detailed below. Figures that my pal Jonathan would be somehow involved. And Martha. Definitely Martha. (I L Y, JH and MF or MW or whatever your name is)

OK so it is very simple really - you have to fit the following sentence into your work in progress, in a believable fashion, and email me the pages:

"For me, every day brings sewn orifices!"

First person to do so gets a gift cert. from me.

OK, back to work.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Remove
Sophie Littlefield happy memory of last night #2: "people love when orifices are sewn shut" thx @marthaflynn
2 hours ago via Twitter · Comment · Like

Jonathan HayesClearly, I'm going to all the wrong parties.
2 hours ago · Delete

Jen ForbusParties on the West Coast are a little different than the ones on East, eh Jonathan?
36 minutes ago · Delete

Jonathan HayesFor me, every day brings sewn orifices!
31 minutes ago · Delete

Sophie LittlefieldOMG!!! OMG OMG, Jonathan, you have just made my day! That is the best quote ever!!!!!! Ten bucks to anyone who can fit that into their manuscript - seriously, first person who sends me their page or two with that sentence in it gets a gift cert. from the establishment of my choice. Wow, my first ever online contest!
2 seconds ago · Delete

4 comments:

inkgrrl said...

Just did it and thank you - worked perfectly for my main character. Last day of NaNo for first draft, so probably won't be able to show you an actual page for a bit. I won't be first to meet the requirements, but I love the direction this scene is now moving in!

Sophie Littlefield said...

hey, inkgrrl, don't take yourself out of the running yet. i'm so excited to have any entries at all - you may be the only brave one! And can I just say I cannot wait to see those pages!!

Anonymous said...

That's a neat idea.

I think I can fit that in my WIP too. Is there a deadline for your contest? :)

-caroline

Sophie Littlefield said...

Nope, no deadline - just whoever shows up first. How fun! :)