Monday, October 5, 2009

Stella: Onward and Upward!!

I'm very happy to report that I have been contracted to write two more books - the third and fourth - in the Stella Hardesty mystery series for Thomas Dunne/St. Martin's.

My deepest gratitude to my editor, Toni Plummer, and of course to my agent Barbara Poelle.

And thanks also to Anne Gardner, who is a driving force behind any success my books find in the world. Anne is what every publicist ought to be.

Go team!

Here's the deal report from Publishers Marketplace:

Sophie Littlefield's next book in the San Francisco Chronicle and IMBA bestselling series featuring the fiesty Stella Hardesty, to Toni Plummer at Thomas Dunne Books, in a two-book deal, by Barbara Poelle at Irene Goodman Agency (NA).

In other news, I now have a release date for book two: A BAD DAY FOR PRETTY will be out on June 6, 2010.

8 comments:

Paul D. Brazill said...

Congrats!

DebraLSchubert said...

I saw the post yesterday on PM. Many good wishes to you and your amazing team!

Empress Awesome said...

Wow, that's totally awesome! Congrats *releases a million balloons* It's always nice to be able to hang out with a beloved character for a bit longer.

Chris said...

Congratulations! Fantastic news, and much deserved. You, lady, are gonna be a star.

Eric said...

Well deserved, and lucky for me since this means I'll get to read them. Congrats.

Sophie Littlefield said...

Hey everyone, thank you so very, very much! I love that you are all celebrating with me.

Shane Gericke said...

Wonderful news, Sophie. You're such a gifted writer, it's nice that you can continue to share with all of us!

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed your final news about the latest 2-book deal...congrats!

Love your posts...now to catch up with PF...
Trishy

PS your next release date is Steve's bday...maybe she can pay him a visit!