Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Home Girls

Tonight my old book club had me over to, uh, talk about my book.

Here's the thing you have to know about my old book club. We kinda talk about books. But what we really talk about is life in the neighborhood. What everyone's kids are up to. Who said what about who. Who gained a few pounds and who else found them and who painted their house a butt-ugly color and a whole lot of stuff I wouldn't repeat here cause it's, y'know, in the circle of trust.

I moved across town a few months ago and I don't see these gals near as much as I would like anymore. N, our hostess, gave me a gerbera daisy and a box of Stella d'Oro cookies....get it, Stella d'Oro?

And I made everyone pose before we started in on the serious dishing...


but later I got to thinking that Ms. J here would make a great Stella...what do you think? (J is prettier than I imagine Stella to be, but she's got that covert sassy streak...)

2 comments:

Paul Brazill said...

There's a really good story about a book club by John McFetridge. Have you read it?

Sophie Littlefield said...

So here, my friends, for something entirely different, as Paul says - http://www.johnmcfetridge.ca/book_club.html and no, my book club hasn't gone down this road yet :)