Thursday, October 1, 2009

Book Tours & WeHo

Never too early to start planning my next book tour, I suppose.

A BAD DAY FOR PRETTY will be out in June of next year and I'm already thinking about jumping in the car and barreling south on I5, headed for that In'n'Out halfway to LA.

Actually, In'n'Out and LA are on my mind because I'm headed for the West Hollywood Book Fair Sunday - I'm on a panel called "Feminism and Powerful Women in Fiction." That's right, Stella's a feminist! But we knew that already, right?

West Hollywood Book Fair
Sunday, Oct. 4
647 N. San Vicente Blvd., West Hollywood, CA 90069


1 p.m.: Panel, “Take Back the Night: Feminism and Powerful Women in Fiction”; in the Fact, Fiction & Future Pavilion. With Cheryl Klein, Pam Ward and Terry Wolverton (moderated by Lindsey Hovarth)

2 p.m.: Signing books at the Manic D Press booth

Anyway here's a couple of articles that give a different spin on the author tour than you're likely to hear elsewhere:

Read what Ann Patchett had to say in the Atlantic.

Or what David Sedaris said in the New Yorker.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hey Sophie, I'm looking forward to joining you on the panel! FYI, the main book fair schedule has us all down as signing at the Book Soup booth. I'll be at Manic D because they're my press. So I'm not sure exactly where they'll shuttle you off to. Book fairs always involve a certain amount of improvisation. :-)