Monday, August 17, 2009

Road Trip Part 1

So I'm back from Phoenix. I did manage to get my spectacular faux pas in, though it came late in the trip and I was beginning to think the curse was lifted. No such luck. And no, there ain't NO WAY I'm telling...I'm compiling all of these for my speech when I'm the Bouchercon Grand Master when I'm 70!

Thanks to my tour buddies Julie and Ann, who made it all fun. We leave again on Thursday for L.A., with our girl Margaret Grace. 

Here's some highlights...

Julie, me and Ann with our books



Me and Keith Rawson at the Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale. 

Julie, Ann, and me clustered adoringly around Lesa Holstein of the Glendale Library in Phoenix. Why? Because she's everything a librarian should be - a champion of books and 
- lucky for us - authors.

We crashed a Poisoned Pen potluck that featured Sean Doolittle, Christopher Reich, and Michael Koryta.  That's Barbara Peters doing the interview honors.

And finally here's a shot from an event with my friend Steve Hockensmith at Book Passage in Corte Madera...


Taskmaster Steve tells me how it's done

3 comments:

Camille Minichino said...

Wow, everyone looks fantastic! And like you're having a great time.
Can't wait to join you!

Margaret Grace
http://www.dollhousemysteries.com

Martha Flynn said...

Sophie, I'm sure that your writing is great and you're talented and all that - and one day I will espouse these facts from the sky - but lemme just say for now - you're friggin' hot.

Adrienne Miller said...

Y'all look so purty. And you look like you're having a great time...My envy, it is strong ;-)