Wednesday, August 5, 2009

How Was Release Day, You Ask?

Flippin Awesome!

One of the nicest parts was getting phone calls and emails from people all over the place just wishing me well. It softened my cynical crusty heart considerably and by noon I was awash in tears and fortifying Diet Coke.


Last night was the signing at M is for Mystery, and fellow featured author Steve Hockensmith made it not only palatable but kind of fun, other than the terrified dry heaves part. We sold all the books and, despite my trucker mouth, I don't think I offended too many people.


When I got home (late, following obligatory post-signing bar wallow) I discovered a bouquet of flowers lying on my keyboard. My sweet son biked over to safeway and spent his allowance on them while I was out carousing. He's proud of me.


Thank you, Big Guy...a day can't really get much better than that, I don't guess.


me and the debonair Steve Hockensmith


me and the boy who would make any mama proud





5 comments:

Rachael Herron said...

Your son is awesome. What a great, sweet, thoughtful gift. Congrats, again.

Chris said...

Wish I coulda been there! Congrats again...

Lisa Hughey said...

that boy...what a sweetheart :) maybe remember this moment next time you're tempted to rip his head off :)

Patricia Stoltey said...

A bouquet of flowers on your keyboard from such a young guy...you're a very lucky mom.

Sophie Littlefield said...

Thanks you all....I *am* a lucky mom and I am very grateful...