Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Good Afternoon, JAPAN!

So it's already tomorrow afternoon in Japan, and I'm just about to head to bed myself, which never fails to confound me. See, I'm not really all that well-traveled. (YET.) I've been to Europe and all, but it's only tomorrow morning there, which I can kind of get my head around. But tomorrow afternoon? Freaky.

I realize that reveals a streak of rube-ish-ness (rubitude? rubity?) a mile wide, but we adults have so few opportunities to be wide-eyed and slack-jawed with wonder that I think I'll just hang onto my naivete, thanks.

See, Japan - actually, the nice people at Hayakawa Publishing, which is in Japan - have just bought the rights to A BAD DAY FOR SORRY.  Yes, that's right - my very first ever foreign sale! And I'm so giddy over it, I probably won't be able to sleep
 tonight.

Also, apparently if I go visit, I get to write it off. Like, you know, a business expense. Crazy!

2 comments:

Martha Flynn said...

Hey! Lookie over me! Tokyo tour guide! Certified! Five years experience! Call me!

:):):)

Chris said...

Congrats! I'm insanely jealous. I've always wanted to go, and I hold out hope of one day writing it off myself...