Friday, August 7, 2009

Entertainment Weekly Has a Crush on Stella :)

Now here's some news worth getting out of bed for - Entertainment Weekly magazine's review in today's issue:

BAD DAY FOR SORRY
Sophie Littlefield

The Story
She owns a sewing shop, but what fiftysomething badass Stella Hardesty really does is dispense justice to abusive husbands and boyfriends, having discovered that "whuppin' ass wasn't so hard."


TV Pitch: Put Cagney or Lacey in rural Missouri.


Lowdown: Crime fiction hasn't seen a character as scrappy, mean, and incredibly appealing as Stella in a long time. A-


6 comments:

Bpoelle said...

Isn't it written somewhere in our contract that agents who have authors featured in EW should NOT have to fold laundry that day? I think so. Please inform Husband of this....

Sophie Littlefield said...

Oh, Husbands of the world? B and S ain't doin' any laundry today. Just sayin'. Also no dishes or vacuuming and we probably won't make it to the gym, either.

Kieran Shea said...

See? I told you. I told you, I told you, I told you...

Chris said...

Holy hell, woman -- you're on a tear!

Mags said...

I have it in print! Was at my best friend's place tonight and told her I needed to tear out to pick up EW, and she happily presented me with her fiance's copy. Sans permission, of course. Then she squealed at the review and wrote down the title. She knows what's what.

Oh, and I'm not doing laundry or vacuuming either, on account of how I once spilled a drink on you (or if I didn't, I totally plan to super soon). I've informed Jeff. I might need a note or something...

Barbara said...

That's totally fabulous news.