Sunday, May 17, 2009

Astronauts Are Smarter Than the Average Joe

I am related to a pair of astronauts. They have just developed a set of controls for their latest spacecraft, and I'm awed by the genius of their design. I mean, everything you need to get through any possible situation is right here.

Astronaut #1 started by labeling a button "Explode Enemy Ship." Astronaut #2 thought this was a good idea, but after realizing there wasn't enough room to write the labels in full, he took to abbreviating:

TO (Take off)
F (Fly)
L (Land)
M (Medium -- ie, speed)
FASCG (Fast As Ship Can Go)
WFTAFATShCG (Way Faster Than As Fast As The Ship Can Go)
SC (Shoot Cannon)
H (Help!)
EEAS (Explode Enemy Alien Ship)
KASAM (Kill Alien Ship And Martian)
MED (Make Everyone Die)

5 comments:

Karen Catalona said...

so cute!

Mags said...

I'm having MED tattooed across my ass.

I like the "everyone" in question (sorta, sometimes, and not in it's entirety, but in a general sort of way), but how does one come across the anacronym for Make Everyone Dead and not head straight for the next tattoo parlor?

She can't.

Sophie Littlefield said...

Oh M I am absolutely getting that tattoo also. Let's check around and see who can set us up in NYC, 'kay? I'd do it *right now* except I'm off to see Star Trek on the Imax!!!! na na na na na! yay!

Irish said...

KASAM?

Get your Bollywood on, girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSF6OHGHJqM

Chris said...

Yeah, I'm thinking it's a good thing I don't have access to an MED button. And I love the ratio of death-and-destruction-buttons to buttons-that-actually-control-the-ship.