Monday, April 27, 2009

They Let ME Hold the Gun!

Did I ever tell you how much I love my cover? I'm kind of blowing my own anti-BSP rule here, but I'm really promoting someone else's genius (hellooooooo, david rotstein!) rather than my own.

I. Love. My. Freaking. Cover.

So anyway I'm involved in this new venture (more on that another time) and we're still in the planning stages and yesterday we had a group photo taken. And it would take too long to explain why exactly there were a variety of (fake) guns lying around, but one of them looked amazingly like the one on my cover. And I picked it up. And I pointed it at the ground. And I pointed it at my shoe. And at a gravestone (we were in a cemetery...yeah. A cemetery.) I gestured with it. I spun it around (my pal cmm had earlier explained that a gun such as this would be realllly heavy so I knew I was just playin', but it was fun anyway).

I tried sticking it in the front of my jeans, and then the back, and asked everyone which looked better, and we all pretty much agreed that it looked stupid either way, and then we traded stories we'd read on the Internet about guys shooting off pieces of themselves doing that.

7 comments:

Chris said...

Chicks with guns, man. That and bacon cheeseburgers are what make this country great. (And this from a flaming liberal!)

Sophie Littlefield said...

Oh, and I am SOOOOOO about the bacon cheeseburgers. Like a friend of mine says, if God wanted us to be vegetarians he wouldn't have made pigs so delicious.

(SORRY barbara!!!)

Kieran Shea said...

Of course they let you hold the gun.

Ah. the .45, such a becoming firearm.

Mags said...

I was just talking to someone on Sunday about my writing... about not knowing why I always arm all my girls.

Now I know. Yer purty!

Martha Flynn said...

I don't know if we "let" you hold the gun as much as you "took" the gun and ran with it and we decided not to mess with the chick with the gun.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Chris is right: chicks, guns and bacon cheeseburgers. Toss in "three chords and the truth," and that's what it's all about.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you all took this already...it is fabulous!
Trish