Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Mystery writers can appreciate things that are weird."

That sentiment courtesy of my daughter, who was consoling me after explaining that her friends have no interest in my book. Apparently she's tossed out the premise a few times, in an exploratory fashion, and the thing has received a chilly reception.

I'd be devastated and all, except they're thirteen.

On the other hand, today's bright-eyed adolescent is tomorrow's jaded book consumer (or not, depending on which doom scenario you subscribe to) so maybe I ought to be more worried.

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I guess the question is, are they reading anything. And please say yes.

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

My daughter gets annoyed because she's not allowed to read my stuff. I tell her she's not old enough yet (she just turned 11) and she goes all sullen on me.