Monday, March 31, 2008

Crimespace Contest Results - Yay!



I'm thrilled and delighted to report that I placed second in the inaugural Short Story Competition over at CrimeSpace, the social networking site for readers and writers of crime and mystery fiction.

The theme was Australia, and I had a great time researching historical opal mining. The resulting story, The Molloy Brothers Give Their All, is the first bit of historical fiction I've attempted.

Full contest results here.

I'm grateful to Daniel Hatadi, founder and self-described Down-Under-Lord, for this opportunity. Also to the judging panel which included Katherine Howell, Jon Jordan, Stuart MacBride, and Sandra Ruttan.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations, Sophie! That's wonderful! YAY, you!!!!!

Chris said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

pattinase (abbott) said...

Ongrats, Sophie. You're having a great run.

Eric said...

Also congrats. But I need subtitles for some of that Aussie-speak in the story. I can sort of figure it out from the context, but sheesh - why can't those people speak English?

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Congratulations! Very well deserved.